To improve the energy efficiency of buildings, the commissioner shall administer a Building Energy Research Center that shall be a cooperative effort among the commissioner, the University of Minnesota, technical colleges, and certain associations and businesses from the private sector. The center's goal is to become a nationally recognized center for building research.
The purpose of the Building Energy Research Center is to:
(1) conduct studies of Minnesota building experience;
(2) disseminate information acquired relating to building energy efficiency;
(3) conduct continuing education courses;
(4) provide limited energy and design consultation services for innovative projects;
(5) coordinate and stimulate research efforts; and
(6) seek private sector pledges to match appropriations for this program.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes