(a) For purposes of this section, "raw or unfinished forest products" include wood chips, paper, pulp, oriented strand board, laminated strand lumber, hardboard, treated lumber, untreated lumber, or barrel staves.
(b) In compliance with this section, a person may operate a vehicle or combination of vehicles to haul raw or unfinished forest products by the most direct route to the nearest paved highway on any highway with gross weights permitted under sections 169.823 to 169.829.
(a) A vehicle or combination of vehicles described in subdivision 1 must:
(1) comply with seasonal load restrictions in effect between the dates set by the commissioner under section 169.87, subdivision 2;
(2) comply with bridge load limits posted under section 169.84;
(3) be equipped and operated with six or more axles and brakes on all wheels;
(4) not exceed 90,000 pounds gross vehicle weight, or 99,000 pounds gross vehicle weight during the time when seasonal increases are authorized under section 169.826;
(5) not be operated on interstate highways;
(6) obtain an annual permit from the commissioner of transportation;
(7) obey all road postings; and
(8) not exceed 20,000 pounds gross weight on any single axle.
(b) A vehicle operated under this section may exceed the legal axle weight limits listed in section 169.824 by not more than 12.5 percent; except that, the weight limits may be exceeded by not more than 23.75 percent during the time when seasonal increases are authorized under section 169.826, subdivision 1.