169.8261 Gross weight limitations; forest products.
(a) A vehicle or combination of vehicles hauling raw or unfinished forest products, including wood chips, by the most direct route to the nearest highway that has been designated under section 169.832, subdivision 11, may be operated on any highway with gross weights permitted under sections 169.822 to 169.829 without regard to load restrictions imposed on that highway, except that the vehicles must:
(1) comply with seasonal load restrictions in effect between the dates set by the commissioner under section 169.87, subdivision 2;
(2) comply with bridge load limits posted under section 169.84;
(3) be equipped and operated with six axles and brakes;
(4) not exceed 90,000 pounds gross weight, or 98,000 pounds gross weight during the time when seasonal increases are authorized under section 169.826;
(5) not be operated on interstate and defense highways;
(6) obtain an annual permit from the commissioner of transportation;
(7) obey all road postings; and
(8) not exceed 20,000 pounds gross weight on any single axle.
(b) A vehicle operated under this section may exceed the legal axle weight limits listed in section 169.824 by not more than 12.5 percent; except that, the weight limits may be exceeded by not more than 22.5 percent during the time when seasonal increases are authorized under section 169.826, subdivision 1.