The district court has nonexclusive jurisdiction over an application for authorization under section 549.31 of a transfer of structured settlement payment rights.
Not less than 20 days before the scheduled hearing on an application for authorization of a transfer of structured settlement payment rights under section 549.31, the transferee shall file with the court or responsible administrative authority and serve on: any other government authority that previously approved the structured settlement; and all interested parties, a notice of the proposed transfer and the application for its authorization. The notice must include:
(1) a copy of the transferee's application to the court or responsible administrative authority;
(2) a copy of the transfer agreement;
(3) a copy of the disclosure statement required under section 549.31, subdivision 1, paragraph (b);
(4) notification that an interested party is entitled to support, oppose, or otherwise respond to the transferee's application, either in person or by counsel, by submitting written comments to the court or responsible administrative authority or by participating in the hearing; and
(5) notification of the time and place of the hearing and notification of the manner in which and the time by which written responses to the application must be filed, in order to be considered by the court or responsible administrative authority. Written responses to the application must be filed within 15 days after service of the transferee's notice.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes