The district court has nonexclusive jurisdiction over an application for authorization under section 549.31 of a transfer of structured settlement payment rights.
Not less than 20 days before the scheduled hearing on an application for authorization of a transfer of structured settlement payment rights under section 549.31, the transferee shall file with the court or responsible administrative authority and serve on: any other government authority that previously approved the structured settlement; and all interested parties, a notice of the proposed transfer and the application for its authorization. The notice must include:
(1) a copy of the transferee's application to the court or responsible administrative authority;
(2) a copy of the transfer agreement;
(3) a copy of the disclosure statement required under section 549.31, subdivision 1, paragraph (b);
(4) notification that an interested party is entitled to support, oppose, or otherwise respond to the transferee's application, either in person or by counsel, by submitting written comments to the court or responsible administrative authority or by participating in the hearing;
(5) notification of the time and place of the hearing and notification of the manner in which and the time by which written responses to the application must be filed, in order to be considered by the court or responsible administrative authority. Written responses to the application must be filed within 15 days after service of the transferee's notice; and
(6) notification of the date and judicial district of any prior application for transfer filed by the transferee relating to a prior proposed transfer with the payee, including whether the prior application was granted or denied. If any prior application was granted, the notice shall provide the amount and due dates of any structured settlement payments that were transferred, the aggregate amount of the payments, the discounted present value of the payments, and the gross amount that was payable to the payee in exchange for the payments.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes