This is an historical version of this statute chapter. Also view the most recent published version.
Except as otherwise provided by law, the oath required to be taken and subscribed by any person shall be filed as follows:
(1) if that of an officer of the state, whether elective or appointive, with the secretary of state;
(2) if of a county officer, or an officer chosen within or for any county, with the county auditor;
(3) if of a city officer, with the clerk or recorder of the municipality;
(4) if of a town officer, with the town clerk;
(5) if of a school district officer, with the clerk of the district;
(6) if of a person appointed by, or made responsible to, a court in any action or proceeding therein, with the court administrator of such court;
(7) if that of a person appointed by any state, county, or other officer for a special service in connection with official duties, with such officer.
If the person taking such oath be also required to give bond, the oath shall be attached to or endorsed upon such bond and filed therewith, in lieu of other filing.
Copyright © 2011 by the Revisor of Statutes, State of Minnesota. All rights reserved.