(a) The expenses for administering the certification requirements, including the complaint handling system for hearing aid dispensers in sections 153A.14 and 153A.15, and the Consumer Information Center under section 153A.18, must be paid from initial application and examination fees, renewal fees, penalties, and fines.
(b) The fees are as follows:
(1) the initial and annual renewal certification application fee is $600;
(2) the initial examination fee for the written portion is $500, and for each time it is taken, thereafter;
(3) the initial examination fee for the practical portion is $1,200, and $600 for each time it is taken, thereafter; for individuals meeting the requirements of section 148.515, subdivision 2, the fee for the practical portion of the hearing instrument dispensing examination is $250 each time it is taken;
(4) the trainee application fee is $200;
(5) the penalty fee for late submission of a renewal application is $200; and
(6) the fee for verification of certification to other jurisdictions or entities is $25.
(c) The commissioner may prorate the certification fee for new applicants based on the number of quarters remaining in the annual certification period.
(d) All fees are nonrefundable. All fees, penalties, and fines received must be deposited in the state government special revenue fund.
(e) Beginning July 1, 2009, until June 30, 2016, a surcharge of $100 shall be paid at the time of initial certification application or renewal to recover the commissioner's accumulated direct expenditures for administering the requirements of this chapter.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes