Eligible Head Start organizations must submit a plan to the department for approval on a form and in the manner prescribed by the commissioner. The plan must include:
(1) the number of low-income children and families the program will be able to serve;
(2) a description of the program design and service delivery area which meets the needs of and encourages access by low-income working families;
(3) a program design that ensures fair and equitable access to Head Start services for all populations and parts of the service area;
(4) a plan for providing Head Start services in conjunction with full-day child care programs to minimize child transitions, increase program intensity and duration, and improve child and family outcomes as required in section 119A.5411; and
(5) identification of regular Head Start, early Head Start, full-day services identified in section 119A.5411, and innovative services based upon demonstrated needs to be provided.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes