The governor's Nuclear Waste Council is established.
The council shall have at least nine members, consisting of:
(1) the commissioners of health, transportation, and natural resources, and the commissioner of the Pollution Control Agency;
(2) four citizen members appointed by the governor;
(3) the director of the Minnesota Geological Survey;
(4) one additional citizen from each potentially impacted area may be appointed by the governor if potentially impacted areas are designated in Minnesota; and
(5) one Indian who is an enrolled member of a federally recognized Minnesota Indian tribe or band may be appointed by the governor if potentially impacted areas are designated in Minnesota and if those areas include Indian country as defined in United States Code, title 18, section 11.54.
At least two members of the council must have expertise in the earth sciences.
A chair shall be appointed by the governor from the members of the council.
The council may create advisory task forces under section 15.014, as are necessary to carry out its responsibilities under this chapter.