In planning for the implementation of the program, the commissioner shall:
(1) establish mechanisms to encourage families to participate in the CHILD program;
(2) establish mechanisms to identify families who may wish to participate in the CHILD program and to match volunteers with these families either before or as soon as possible after a child is born;
(3) ensure that local organizations coordinate with services already provided by the Departments of Health, Human Services, and Education to ensure that participating families receive a continuum of care;
(4) coordinate with local social services agencies, local health boards, and community health boards;
(5) ensure that services provided through the program are community-based and that the special needs of minority communities are addressed;
(6) develop and implement appropriate systems to gather data on participating families and to monitor and evaluate their progress; and
(7) evaluate the program's effectiveness.