A salesperson or broker may not offer or sell a membership camping contract until duly licensed under this chapter.
A salesperson or broker may apply for a license by filing a fee of $50 and an application with the commissioner which includes the following information:
(1) the applicant's name, age, residence address, and, in the case of a salesperson, the name and place of business of the membership camping operator or broker on whose behalf the salesperson will be acting;
(2) the applicant's date and place of birth;
(3) a statement whether or not the applicant within the past ten years has been convicted of a misdemeanor or felony involving theft, fraud, or dishonesty or whether or not the applicant within the past ten years has been enjoined from, had any civil penalty assessed for, or been found to have engaged in any violation of any securities, land sales, camping, or consumer protection statutes;
(4) a statement whether or not the applicant is named as a defendant in a pending criminal indictment or proceeding involving fraud, theft, or dishonesty or is a defendant in a pending lawsuit arising out of alleged violations of securities, land sales, camping, or consumer protection statutes. A copy of the charge, complaint, or lawsuit shall be provided to the commissioner;
(5) a statement describing the applicant's employment history for the past five years and whether or not any termination of employment during the last five years was occasioned by a theft, fraud, or act of dishonesty;
(7) a statement whether or not the applicant has ever been licensed by this state or its political subdivisions to engage in any other business or profession; whether any such license has been denied, suspended, or revoked and, if so, the circumstances of the denial, suspension, or revocation;
Each licensee shall, within 15 days after the occurrence of any material change in the information contained in the initial application for license, file with the commissioner an amendment to the application setting forth the facts of change. The following shall be material changes requiring amendment:
(1) any termination of employment with a membership camping operator or broker;
(2) any new employment with a different membership camping operator or broker;
(3) upon any occasion when the salesperson or broker is named as a defendant in any criminal indictment or proceeding involving fraud, theft, or dishonesty or is a defendant in any pending lawsuit arising out of alleged violations of this chapter or any securities, land sales, or consumer protection statutes. A copy of the complaint or lawsuit shall be provided to the commissioner; and
(4) a change of name or address.
A salesperson must be licensed to act on behalf of a registered membership camping operator or licensed broker and may not be licensed to act on behalf of more than one membership camping operator or broker in this state during the same period of time. The license of each salesperson shall be mailed to and remain in the possession of the salesperson until canceled.
Every license issued pursuant to this chapter shall expire on the February 28 next following the issuance of the license.
The license of a salesperson and broker shall be renewed annually by the filing of a form prescribed by the commissioner and payment of a fee of $25.
Notwithstanding the provisions of subdivisions 5 and 6, the commissioner may institute a system by rule pursuant to chapter 14 to provide three-year licenses from the date of issuance for any license prescribed by this section.
Each membership camping operator or broker shall be responsible for any violations of section 82A.13 or 82A.14 by any and all of its salespersons while acting as its agents in connection with the offer or sale of membership camping contracts. Unless the broker is liable for such violations pursuant to section 82A.19, subdivision 2, the operator's or broker's liability under this subdivision shall be limited to rescission and refund of the purchaser's payments for the membership camping contract.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes