A city of the first class may:
(1) establish, construct, maintain, and operate public landings, public wharves and docks, and transfer railroad tracks, and loading, unloading, transfer and storage facilities, in or out of the city;
(2) acquire by condemnation or otherwise riparian or other lands and other rights and easements needed for a purpose in clause (1) and construct, maintain, and operate the buildings and warehouses needed for that purpose;
(3) lay and collect reasonable duties or wharfage fees on vessels coming to or using the landings, wharves or docks;
(4) regulate the use of other wharves and docks in the city and the rates of wharfage to be paid by vessels using them;
(5) dredge or deepen the harbor or river or a branch or portion of it;
(6) make and enforce reasonable rules for the protection and use of its properties in or out of the city and impose and enforce adequate penalties for the violation of the rules.
Condemnation under this section must be done under chapter 117.