The commissioner of agriculture must establish the Feeding Minnesota Task Force to study the consumption of Minnesota grown produce and livestock by facilitating the donation of harvested products to charities that provide food for hungry people. "Hungry people" must be specifically defined by the task force by its second meeting.
The commissioner must appoint task force members as follows:
(1) one member representing a food bank organization;
(2) two members representing food producer and grower organizations;
(3) one member representing the Minnesota Farmers Market Association;
(4) one member representing Minnesota higher education institutions;
(5) one member representing the food transportation industry;
(6) two members representing statewide agricultural organizations; and
(7) one member representing food processors.
Task force members may not be compensated under section 15.059, subdivision 3.
The commissioner must convene the task force no later than January 31, 2010. The commissioner must make policy recommendations to the chairs of the legislative committees with jurisdiction over agriculture finance by November 1, 2010.
This section expires November 1, 2010.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes