The commissioner of public safety, in consultation with the Chemical Abuse and Violence Prevention Council, shall:
(1) provide information and assistance upon request to school preassessment teams established under section 121A.26;
(2) provide information and assistance upon request to the State Board of Pharmacy with respect to the board's enforcement of chapter 152;
(3) cooperate with and provide information and assistance upon request to the Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Section in the Department of Human Services;
(4) coordinate the policy of the office with that of the Narcotic Enforcement Unit in the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension; and
(5) coordinate the activities of the regional drug task forces, provide assistance and information to them upon request, and assist in the formation of task forces in areas of the state in which no task force operates.