In a child custody proceeding under this chapter, the court must make any additional order it considers just and proper concerning:
(1) the legal custody of a minor child, whether sole or joint;
(2) the child's physical custody and residence;
(3) the quality and duration of parenting time and whether it is supervised or unsupervised;
(4) child support as determined under chapter 518A; and
(5) other matters reasonably affecting the best interests of the child.
All de facto and interested third party custody orders must include Form 3: Appendix A under the Appendix of Forms in the Family Court Procedure in General Rules of Practice. The court may also notify the parties of the availability and uses of mediation.