(a) By February 15 annually, the commissioner shall submit a report to the legislature on transit services outside the metropolitan area. The Metropolitan Council and any public transit system receiving assistance under section 174.24 shall provide assistance in creating the report, as requested by the commissioner.
(b) The report must include, at a minimum, the following:
(1) a descriptive overview of public transit in Minnesota;
(2) a descriptive summary of funding sources and assistance programs;
(3) a summary of each public transit system receiving assistance under section 174.24;
(4) data that identifies use of volunteers in providing transit service;
(5) financial data that identifies operating and capital costs, and funding sources, for each public transit system and for each transit system classification under section 174.24, subdivision 3b; and
(6) in each odd-numbered year, beginning in 2009, a calculation of the amounts of surplus or insufficient funds available for (i) paying the state share of transit operating costs under section 174.24, subdivision 3b, and (ii) paying capital and operating costs to fully implement the transit service needs implementation plan under section 174.24, subdivision 1a.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes