A person may not transport a firearm in a motor vehicle unless the firearm is:
(1) unloaded and in a gun case expressly made to contain a firearm, and the case fully encloses the firearm by being zipped, snapped, buckled, tied, or otherwise fastened, and without any portion of the firearm exposed;
(2) unloaded and in the closed trunk of a motor vehicle; or
The restrictions in subdivision 1 do not apply to a disabled person if:
(1) the person possesses a permit under section 97B.055, subdivision 3;
(2) the person is participating in a hunt sponsored by a nonprofit organization under a permit from the commissioner or is hunting on property owned or leased by the person; and
(3) the firearm is not loaded in the chamber until the vehicle is stationary, or is a hinge action firearm with the action open until the vehicle is stationary.