The commissioner may adopt, amend, and repeal rules reasonably necessary to carry out the purposes of sections 79A.01 to 79A.17. This authorization includes, but is not limited to, the adoption of rules to do all of the following:
(1) except as otherwise specifically provided by statute, specifying what constitutes ability to self-insure and to pay any compensation which may become due under chapter 176;
(2) specifying what constitutes a failure or inability to fulfill an insolvent self-insurer's obligations under this chapter;
(3) interpreting and defining the terms used in this chapter;
(4) establishing procedures and standards for hearing and determinations and providing for those determinations to be appealed;
(5) except where otherwise specifically provided by statute, specifying the standards, forms, and content of agreements, forms, and reports between parties who have obligations pursuant to this chapter;
(6) providing for the combinations and relative liabilities of security deposits, assumptions, and guarantees used pursuant to this chapter; and
(7) disclosing otherwise private data concerning self-insurers to courts or the self-insurers' security fund and specifying appropriate safeguards for that information.
The Self-Insurers' Advisory Committee may make recommendations to the commissioner under this section as it deems appropriate.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes