97C.801 TAKING ROUGH FISH ON MISSISSIPPI RIVER.
Subdivision 1.[Repealed, 1997 c 216 s 90
; 1997 c 226 s 51
Subd. 2. Commercial fish netting on Mississippi River.
(a) A license is required to
commercially take rough fish with seines in the Mississippi River from the St. Croix River
junction to St. Anthony Falls.
(b) A person may take rough fish in the Mississippi River, from the St. Croix River junction
to St. Anthony Falls, only with the following equipment and methods:
(1) operations shall be conducted only in the flowing waters of the river and in tributary
backwaters prescribed by the commissioner;
(2) seines may be used only as prescribed by this section and rules adopted by the
(3) seines must be hauled to a landing immediately after being placed;
(4) two seines may not be joined together in the water; and
(5) a seine may not be landed between sunset and sunrise.
History: 1986 c 386 art 3 s 60; 1997 c 216 s 90; 1997 c 226 s 41