97C.801 Taking rough fish on Mississippi river.
Subd. 2. Commercial fish netting on Mississippi river. (a) A license is required to commercially take rough fish with seines in the Mississippi river from the St. Croix river junction to St. Anthony Falls.
(b) A person may take rough fish in the Mississippi river, from the St. Croix river junction to St. Anthony Falls, only with the following equipment and methods:
(1) operations shall be conducted only in the flowing waters of the river and in tributary backwaters prescribed by the commissioner;
(2) seines may be used only as prescribed by this section and rules adopted by the commissioner;
(3) seines must be hauled to a landing immediately after being placed;
(4) two seines may not be joined together in the water; and
(5) a seine may not be landed between sunset and sunrise.
* NOTE: The amendment to this section by Laws 1997, chapter *216, section 90, is effective March 1, 1998. Laws 1997, chapter *216, section 161.