97B.045 TRANSPORTATION OF FIREARMS.
Subdivision 1. Restrictions.
A person may not transport a firearm in a motor vehicle unless
the firearm is:
(1) unloaded and in a gun case expressly made to contain a firearm, and the case fully
encloses the firearm by being zipped, snapped, buckled, tied, or otherwise fastened, and without
any portion of the firearm exposed;
(2) unloaded and in the closed trunk of a motor vehicle; or
(3) a handgun carried in compliance with sections
Subd. 2. Exception for disabled persons.
The restrictions in subdivision 1 do not apply to
a disabled person if:
(1) the person possesses a permit under section
97B.055, subdivision 3
(2) the person is participating in a hunt sponsored by a nonprofit organization under a permit
from the commissioner or is hunting on property owned or leased by the person; and
(3) the firearm is not loaded in the chamber until the vehicle is stationary, or is a hinge action
firearm with the action open until the vehicle is stationary.
History: 1986 c 386 art 2 s 10; 1993 c 269 s 12