609.3242 PROSTITUTION CRIMES COMMITTED IN SCHOOL OR PARK ZONES;
Subdivision 1. Definitions.
As used in this section:
(1) "park zone" has the meaning given in section
152.01, subdivision 12a
(2) "school zone" has the meaning given in section
152.01, subdivision 14a
, and also
includes school bus stops established by a school board under section
, while school
children are waiting for the bus.
Subd. 2. Increased penalties.
Any person who commits a violation of section
acting other than as a prostitute while in a school or park zone may be sentenced as follows:
(1) if the crime committed is a felony, the statutory maximum for the crime is three years
longer than the statutory maximum for the underlying crime;
(2) if the crime committed is a gross misdemeanor, the person is guilty of a felony and may
be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than two years or to payment of a fine of not more
than $4,000, or both; and
(3) if the crime committed is a misdemeanor, the person is guilty of a gross misdemeanor.
History: 1998 c 367 art 2 s 15; 1998 c 397 art 11 s 3