5.08 LEGISLATIVE MANUAL.
Subdivision 1. Preparation.
The secretary of state shall prepare, compile, edit, and distribute
for use at each regular legislative session, a convenient manual, properly indexed, and containing:
The federal and state Constitutions; the acts of Congress relating to the organization of the
territory and state; the rules of order and joint rules of the two houses, and lists of their members,
committees and employees; the names of all state officials, whether elected or appointed, and of
all persons holding office from this state under the national government; the places where the said
several officials reside, and the annual compensation of each; and statistical and other information
of the kind heretofore published in the legislative manuals.
Subd. 2. Distribution.
10,000 copies of the legislative manual shall be printed and
distributed as follows:
(1) up to 20 copies shall be available to each member of the legislature on request;
(2) 50 copies to the State Historical Society;
(3) 25 copies to the state university;
(4) 60 copies to the state library;
(5) two copies each to the Library of Congress, the Minnesota veterans homes, the
universities, the high schools, academies, seminaries, and colleges of the state, and the public
libraries of the state;
(6) one copy each to other state institutions, the elective state officials, the appointed heads of
departments, the officers and employees of the legislature, the justices of the Supreme Court, the
judges of the Court of Appeals and the district court, the senators and representatives in Congress
from this state, and the county auditors, recorders, and attorneys;
(7) one copy to each school, to be distributed through the superintendent of each school
(8) the remainder may be disposed of as the secretary of state deems best.
History: 1943 c 337 s 1,2; 1947 c 108 s 1; 1967 c 148 s 2; 1975 c 204 s 65; 1975 c 321 s 2;
1977 c 455 s 67; 1979 c 333 s 59; 1981 c 356 s 252; 1983 c 247 s 4; 2004 c 293 art 2 s 1