17.4988 LICENSE AND INSPECTION FEES.
Subdivision 1. Requirements for issuance.
A permit or license must be issued by the
commissioner if the requirements of law are met and the license and permit fees specified in
this section are paid.
Subd. 2. Aquatic farming license.
(a) The annual fee for an aquatic farming license is $210.
(b) The aquatic farming license may contain endorsements for the rights and privileges of the
following licenses under the game and fish laws. The endorsement must be made upon payment
of the license fee prescribed in section
for the following licenses:
(1) minnow dealer license;
(2) minnow retailer license for sale of minnows as bait;
(3) minnow exporting license;
(4) aquatic farm vehicle endorsement, which includes a minnow dealer vehicle license, a
minnow retailer vehicle license, an exporting minnow vehicle license, and a fish vendor license;
(5) sucker egg taking license; and
(6) game fish packers license.
Subd. 3. Inspection fees.
The fees for the following inspections are:
(1) initial inspection of each water to be licensed, $50;
(2) fish health inspection and certification, $60 plus $150 per lot thereafter; and
(3) initial inspection for containment and quarantine facility inspections, $100.
Subd. 4. Aquarium facility.
(a) A person operating a commercial aquarium facility must
have a commercial aquarium facility license issued by the commissioner if the facility contains
species of aquatic life that are for sale and that are present in waters of the state. The commissioner
may require an aquarium facility license for aquarium facilities importing or holding species of
aquatic life that are for sale and that are not present in Minnesota if those species can survive in
waters of the state. The fee for an aquarium facility license is $90.
(b) Game fish transferred by an aquarium facility must be accompanied by a receipt
containing the information required on a shipping document by section
17.4985, subdivision 3
History: 1992 c 566 s 8; 1996 c 410 s 13,14; 1997 c 216 s 24; 2000 c 488 art 3 s 8; 2003 c
128 art 1 s 11