17.4988 License and inspection fees.
Subdivision 1. Requirements for issuance. A permit or license must be issued by the commissioner if the requirements of law are met and the license and permit fees specified in this section are paid.
Subd. 2. Aquatic farming license. (a) The annual fee for an aquatic farming license is $210.
(b) The aquatic farming license may contain endorsements for the rights and privileges of the following licenses under the game and fish laws. The endorsement must be made upon payment of the license fee prescribed in section 97A.475 for the following licenses:
(1) minnow dealer license;
(2) minnow retailer license for sale of minnows as bait;
(3) minnow exporting license;
(4) aquatic farm vehicle endorsement, which includes a minnow dealer vehicle license, a minnow retailer vehicle license, an exporting minnow vehicle license, and a fish vendor license;
(5) sucker egg taking license; and
(6) game fish packers license.
Subd. 3. Inspection fees. The fees for the following inspections are:
(1) initial inspection of each water to be licensed, $50;
(2) fish health inspection and certification, $60 plus $150 per lot thereafter; and
(3) initial inspection for containment and quarantine facility inspections, $100.
Subd. 4. Aquarium facility. (a) A person operating a commercial aquarium facility must have a commercial aquarium facility license issued by the commissioner if the facility contains species of aquatic life that are for sale and that are present in waters of the state. The commissioner may require an aquarium facility license for aquarium facilities importing or holding species of aquatic life that are for sale and that are not present in Minnesota if those species can survive in waters of the state. The fee for an aquarium facility license is $90.
(b) Game fish transferred by an aquarium facility must be accompanied by a receipt containing the information required on a shipping document by section 17.4985, subdivision 3, paragraph (b).
* NOTE: The amendment to this section by Laws 2003, chapter *128, article 1, section 11, is effective March 1, 2004. Laws *2003, chapter 128, article 1, section 11, the effective date.