16C.046 WEB SITE WITH SEARCHABLE DATABASE ON STATE CONTRACTS AND
(a) The commissioner of administration must maintain a Web site with a searchable database
providing the public with information on state contracts, including grant contracts. The database
must include the following information for each state contract valued in excess of $25,000:
(1) the name and address of the entity receiving the contract;
(2) the name of the agency entering into the contract;
(3) whether the contract is:
(i) for goods;
(ii) for professional or technical services;
(iii) for services other than professional and technical services; or
(iv) a grant;
(4) a brief statement of the purpose of the contract or grant;
(5) the amount of the contract or grant and the fund from which this amount will be paid; and
(6) the dollar value of state contracts, other than grants, the entity has received in each fiscal
year and the dollar value of state grants the entity has received in each fiscal year.
(b) Required information on a new contract or grant must be entered into the database within
30 days of the time the contract is entered into.
(c) For purposes of this section, a "grant" is a contract between a state agency and a recipient,
the primary purpose of which is to transfer cash or a thing of value to the recipient to support a
public purpose. Grant does not include payments to units of local government, payments to state
employees, or payments made under laws providing for assistance to individuals.
(d) The database must include information on grants and contracts entered into beginning
with fiscal year 2008 funds, and must retain that data for ten years.
History: 2007 c 148 art 2 s 34