135A.034 BUDGET PRIORITIES.
Subdivision 1. Operating budget.
The governing boards of the University of Minnesota, and
the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities shall each develop, for legislative and executive
branch acceptance, its highest budget priorities in accordance with statewide objectives for higher
education under section
Subd. 2. Capital projects.
The Board of Regents of the University of Minnesota and the
Board of Trustees of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities are requested to consider the
following criteria in establishing priorities for requests for bond funds for capital projects:
(1) maintenance and preservation of existing facilities;
(2) completion of projects that have received funding;
(3) updating facilities to meet contemporary needs;
(4) providing geographic distribution of capital projects; and
(5) maximizing the use of nonstate contributions.
History: 1994 c 532 art 3 s 5; 2000 c 492 art 1 s 50; 2007 c 144 art 2 s 7