13.792 PRIVATE DONOR GIFT DATA.
The following data maintained by the Minnesota Zoological Garden, the University of
Minnesota, the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities, and any related entity subject to
chapter 13 are classified as private or nonpublic:
(1) research information about prospects and donors gathered to aid in determining
appropriateness of solicitation and level of gift request;
(2) specific data in prospect lists that would identify prospects to be solicited, dollar amounts
to be requested, and name of solicitor;
(3) portions of solicitation letters and proposals that identify the prospect being solicited and
the dollar amount being requested;
(4) letters, pledge cards, and other responses received from donors regarding prospective
gifts in response to solicitations;
(5) portions of thank-you letters and other gift acknowledgment communications that would
identify the name of the donor and the specific amount of the gift, pledge, or pledge payment;
(6) donor financial or estate planning information, or portions of memoranda, letters, or other
documents commenting on any donor's financial circumstances; and
(7) data detailing dates of gifts, payment schedule of gifts, form of gifts, and specific gift
amounts made by donors.
Names of donors and gift ranges are public data.
History: 1988 c 670 s 4; 1993 c 351 s 15; 1996 c 395 s 18