Subdivision 1. Season.
The statewide open season for raccoon may be set by the
Subd. 2. Period for treeing raccoons.
Notwithstanding subdivision 1 and section
, a person may use dogs to pursue and tree raccoons without killing or capturing the
raccoons during the closed season and a license is not required.
Subd. 3. Nighttime hunting restrictions.
To take raccoons between sunset and sunrise,
(1) must be on foot;
(2) may use an artificial light only if hunting with dogs;
(3) may not use a rifle other than one of a .22 inch caliber with .22 short, long, or long
rifle, rimfire ammunition; and
(4) may not use shotgun shells with larger than No. 4 shot.
Subd. 4. Prohibited methods of taking.
A person may not take a raccoon:
(1) in a den or hollow tree;
(2) by cutting down a tree occupied by raccoon; or
(3) by setting fire to a tree or using smoke.
History: 1986 c 386 art 2 s 46; 1987 c 81 s 1; 1993 c 51 s 1; 1993 c 269 s 19; 2005 c 146 s 33