626A.391 CIVIL ACTION; DAMAGES.
Subdivision 1. General.
A person who is harmed by a violation of sections
may bring a civil action against the person who violated these sections for damages and
other appropriate relief, including:
(1) preliminary and equitable or declaratory relief; and
(2) reasonable costs and attorneys fees.
Subd. 2. Limitation.
An action under this section must be commenced within two years after:
(1) the occurrence of the violation; or
(2) the date upon which the claimant first had a reasonable opportunity to discover the
Subd. 3. Defenses.
(1) A good faith reliance on a court warrant or order, a grand jury
subpoena, or a statutory authorization; or
(2) A good faith reliance on a request of an investigative or law enforcement officer under
United States Code, title 18, section 2518(7)
is a complete defense against any civil or criminal action brought under sections
History: 1988 c 577 s 62; 1989 c 336 art 1 s 14; art 2 s 8