518C.401 PETITION TO ESTABLISH SUPPORT ORDER.
(a) If a support order entitled to recognition under this chapter has not been issued, a
responding tribunal of this state may issue a support order if:
(1) the individual seeking the order resides in another state; or
(2) the support enforcement agency seeking the order is located in another state.
(b) The tribunal may issue a temporary child support order if:
(1) the respondent has signed a verified statement acknowledging parentage;
(2) the respondent has been determined by law to be the parent; or
(3) there is other clear and convincing evidence that the respondent is the child's parent.
(c) Upon a finding, after notice and opportunity to be heard, that an obligor owes a duty
of support, the tribunal shall issue a support order directed to the obligor and may issue other
orders according to section
History: 1994 c 630 art 4 s 1; 1997 c 203 art 6 s 56