518C.301 PROCEEDINGS UNDER THIS CHAPTER.
(a) Except as otherwise provided in this chapter, sections
all proceedings under this chapter.
(b) This chapter provides for the following proceedings:
(1) establishment of an order for spousal support or child support pursuant to section
(2) enforcement of a support order and income-withholding order of another state without
registration pursuant to sections
(3) registration of an order for spousal support or child support of another state for
enforcement pursuant to sections
(4) modification of an order for child support or spousal support issued by a tribunal of this
state pursuant to sections
(5) registration of an order for child support of another state for modification pursuant
(6) determination of parentage pursuant to section
(7) assertion of jurisdiction over nonresidents pursuant to sections
(c) An individual petitioner or a support enforcement agency may commence a proceeding
authorized under this chapter by filing a petition in an initiating tribunal for forwarding to a
responding tribunal or by filing a petition or a comparable pleading directly in a tribunal of
another state which has or can obtain personal jurisdiction over the respondent.
History: 1994 c 630 art 3 s 1