423B.07 AUTHORIZED FUND DISBURSEMENTS.
The police pension fund may be used only for the payment of:
(1) service, disability, or dependency pensions;
(2) notwithstanding a contrary provision of section 69.80, the salaries of the elected members
of the board of trustees in an amount not to exceed seven units for the president and five units
for other elected board members;
(3) expenses of officers and employees of the association in connection with the protection
of the fund;
(4) expenses of operating and maintaining the association, including the administrative
expenses related to the administration of the insurance plan authorized in section 423B.08; and
(5) other expenses authorized by section 69.80, or other applicable law.
History: 1992 c 471 art 1 s 7; 1997 c 233 art 4 s 4; 1999 c 222 art 6 s 1; 2006 c 271 art 9 s 1
NOTE: The amendment to this section by Laws 2006, chapter 271, article 9, section 1, is
effective the day after the date of approval by the city council of the city of Minneapolis and the
timely completion by the chief clerical officer of the city of Minneapolis of compliance with
Minnesota Statutes, section 645.021, subdivisions 2 and 3. Laws 2006, chapter 271, article 9,