375.49 COUNTY COORDINATOR DUTIES; CONSIDERED DEPARTMENT HEAD.
Subdivision 1. County board to prescribe.
(a) The county board shall prescribe the duties
of the county coordinator.
(b) Insofar as required by the county board, the county coordinator is responsible to the board
for the proper administration and management of any assigned duty and for these purposes is
considered the head of a department.
Subd. 2. Possible duties and responsibilities.
(a) The county coordinator may be assigned
any of the following duties and responsibilities:
(1) to manage any or all of the affairs of the county which the county board has authority
(2) to examine regularly the books, papers and accounts of each department, office, and
agency of the county under the control of the county board and to report to the board the condition
in which the county coordinator finds them and other information as the board directs;
(3) to submit to the board recommendations concerning the affairs of the county, its future
financial needs, and its offices, departments and agencies as the county coordinator considers
(4) to see that all orders, resolutions and regulations of the county board are faithfully
(5) to initiate and present a proposed annual budget to the county board for its review and
(6) to serve as clerk of the county board.
(c) When a resolution is adopted directing the county coordinator to assume the
responsibilities of clerk of the board, the county auditor shall no longer be held responsible for the
duties as clerk to the board imposed by section
Subd. 3. Except Hennepin County.
This section does not apply to Hennepin County.
History: 1967 c 585 s 2; 1973 c 542 s 14; 1979 c 198 art 4 s 13; 1984 c 629 s 2; 1985
c 109 s 7