299A.331 DARE ADVISORY COUNCIL.
Subdivision 1. Membership.
The Advisory Council on Drug Abuse Resistance Education
(1) the attorney general who shall serve as chair;
(2) the commissioner of public safety;
(3) the commissioner of education;
(4) three representatives of law enforcement appointed by the commissioner of public safety;
(5) three representatives of education appointed by the commissioner of education;
(6) a representative of the DARE Officers Association appointed by the Peace Officer
Standards and Training Board from among recommendations of the association; and
(7) seven citizens appointed by the attorney general.
Subd. 2. Duties.
The council shall:
(1) advise the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension in establishing a drug abuse resistance
education training program for peace officers;
(2) promote the drug abuse resistance education program throughout the state;
(3) monitor the drug abuse resistance education officer training program in conjunction
with the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension;
(4) provide coordination and assistance to local communities who wish to implement drug
abuse resistance education programs in their local school systems;
(5) encourage parental and community involvement in drug abuse resistance education
(6) develop a private and public partnership to provide for continuation and funding for the
drug abuse resistance education program; and
(7) receive money from public and private sources for use in the drug abuse resistance
History: 1990 c 565 s 31; 1Sp1995 c 3 art 16 s 13; 2003 c 130 s 12