168.1297 SPECIAL "ROTARY MEMBER" PLATES.
Subdivision 1. General requirements and procedures.
The commissioner shall issue
special "Rotary member" plates to an applicant who:
(1) is a registered owner of a passenger automobile;
(2) pays a fee of $10 to cover the costs of handling and manufacturing the plates;
(3) pays the registration tax required under section
(4) pays the fees required under this chapter;
(5) submits proof to the commissioner that the applicant is a member of Rotary International;
(6) complies with this chapter and rules governing registration of motor vehicles and
licensing of drivers.
Subd. 2. Design.
A special plate under this section consists of a plate as described in section
with a unique emblem that is the recognized emblem of Rotary International.
Subd. 3. Compliance with other law.
The commissioner shall take no action under this
section unless the commissioner determines that Rotary International, or one or more districts of
Rotary International, has complied with section
168.1293, subdivision 2
, paragraph (a). Issuance
and renewal of plates under this section are subject to section
168.1293, subdivisions 3 to 6
History: 1Sp2003 c 19 art 2 s 24; 1Sp2005 c 6 art 2 s 19