148.7805 ATHLETIC TRAINERS ADVISORY COUNCIL.
Subdivision 1. Creation; membership.
The Athletic Trainers Advisory Council is created
and is composed of eight members appointed by the board. The advisory council consists of:
(1) two public members as defined in section
(2) three members who, except for initial appointees, are registered athletic trainers, one
being both a licensed physical therapist and registered athletic trainer as submitted by the
Minnesota American Physical Therapy Association;
(3) two members who are medical physicians licensed by the state and have experience
with athletic training and sports medicine; and
(4) one member who is a doctor of chiropractic licensed by the state and has experience with
athletic training and sports injuries.
Subd. 2. Administration.
The advisory council is established and administered under section
. Notwithstanding section
15.059, subdivision 5
, the council shall not expire.
Subd. 3. Duties.
The advisory council shall:
(1) advise the board regarding standards for athletic trainers;
(2) distribute information regarding athletic trainer standards;
(3) advise the board on enforcement of sections
(4) review registration and registration renewal applications and make recommendations to
(5) review complaints in accordance with sections
214.13, subdivision 6
(6) review investigation reports of complaints and recommend to the board whether
disciplinary action should be taken;
(7) advise the board regarding evaluation and treatment protocols;
(8) advise the board regarding approval of continuing education programs; and
(9) perform other duties authorized for advisory councils under chapter 214, as directed by
History: 1993 c 232 s 6; 2000 c 260 s 25