144D.04 HOUSING WITH SERVICES CONTRACTS.
Subdivision 1. Contract required.
No housing with services establishment may operate
in this state unless a written housing with services contract, as defined in subdivision 2, is
executed between the establishment and each resident or resident's representative and unless the
establishment operates in accordance with the terms of the contract. The resident or the resident's
representative shall be given a complete copy of the contract and all supporting documents and
attachments and any changes whenever changes are made.
Subd. 2. Contents of contract.
A housing with services contract, which need not be entitled
as such to comply with this section, shall include at least the following elements in itself or
through supporting documents or attachments:
(1) the name, street address, and mailing address of the establishment;
(2) the name and mailing address of the owner or owners of the establishment and, if the
owner or owners is not a natural person, identification of the type of business entity of the owner
(3) the name and mailing address of the managing agent, through management agreement or
lease agreement, of the establishment, if different from the owner or owners;
(4) the name and address of at least one natural person who is authorized to accept service of
process on behalf of the owner or owners and managing agent;
(5) a statement describing the registration and licensure status of the establishment and
any provider providing health-related or supportive services under an arrangement with the
(6) the term of the contract;
(7) a description of the services to be provided to the resident in the base rate to be paid
(8) a description of any additional services, including home care services, available for an
additional fee from the establishment directly or through arrangements with the establishment,
and a schedule of fees charged for these services;
(9) a description of the process through which the contract may be modified, amended,
(10) a description of the establishment's complaint resolution process available to residents
including the toll-free complaint line for the Office of Ombudsman for Older Minnesotans;
(11) the resident's designated representative, if any;
(12) the establishment's referral procedures if the contract is terminated;
(13) requirements of residency used by the establishment to determine who may reside or
continue to reside in the housing with services establishment;
(14) billing and payment procedures and requirements;
(15) a statement regarding the ability of residents to receive services from service providers
with whom the establishment does not have an arrangement;
(16) a statement regarding the availability of public funds for payment for residence or
services in the establishment; and
(17) a statement regarding the availability of and contact information for long-term care
consultation services under section
in the county in which the establishment is located.
Subd. 3. Contracts in permanent files.
Housing with services contracts and related
documents executed by each resident or resident's representative shall be maintained by the
establishment in files from the date of execution until three years after the contract is terminated.
The contracts and the written disclosures required under section
, if applicable, shall be
made available for on-site inspection by the commissioner upon request at any time.
History: 1995 c 207 art 9 s 32; 1Sp2001 c 9 art 1 s 42,43; 2002 c 379 art 1 s 113; 2006 c
282 art 19 s 9