144.698 REPORTING REQUIREMENTS.
Subdivision 1. Yearly reports.
Each hospital and each outpatient surgical center, which has
not filed the financial information required by this section with a voluntary, nonprofit reporting
organization pursuant to section
, shall file annually with the commissioner of health after
the close of the fiscal year:
(1) a balance sheet detailing the assets, liabilities, and net worth of the hospital or outpatient
(2) a detailed statement of income and expenses;
(3) a copy of its most recent cost report, if any, filed pursuant to requirements of Title XVIII
of the United States Social Security Act;
(4) a copy of all changes to articles of incorporation or bylaws;
(5) information on services provided to benefit the community, including services provided
at no cost or for a reduced fee to patients unable to pay, teaching and research activities, or other
community or charitable activities;
(6) information required on the revenue and expense report form set in effect on July 1, 1989,
or as amended by the commissioner in rule;
(7) information on changes in ownership or control; and
(8) other information required by the commissioner in rule.
Subd. 2. Separate reports for facilities.
If more than one licensed hospital or outpatient
surgical center is operated by the reporting organization, the commissioner of health may require
that the information be reported separately for each hospital and each outpatient surgical center.
Subd. 3. Attestation.
The commissioner of health may require attestation by responsible
officials of the hospital or outpatient surgical center that the contents of the reports are true.
Subd. 4. Reports open to public inspection.
All reports, except privileged medical
information, filed pursuant to this section, section
144.702, subdivision 3
shall be open to public inspection.
Subd. 5. Commissioner's right to inspect records.
If the report is not filed or the
commissioner of health has reason to believe the report is incomplete or false, the commissioner
shall have the right to inspect hospital and outpatient surgical center books, audits, and records.
History: 1976 c 296 art 2 s 4; 1977 c 305 s 45; 1984 c 534 s 5; 1989 c 282 art 2 s 11;
1991 c 202 s 7; 2004 c 198 s 13,14