128C.20 COMMISSIONER REVIEW OF LEAGUE.
Subdivision 1. Annually.
Each year the commissioner of education shall obtain and review
the following information about the league:
(1) an accurate and concise summary of the annual financial and compliance audit prepared
by the state auditor that includes information about the compensation of and the expenditures by
the executive director of the league and league staff;
(2) a list of all complaints filed with the league and all lawsuits filed against the league and
the disposition of those complaints and lawsuits;
(3) an explanation of the executive director's performance review;
(4) information about the extent to which the league has implemented its affirmative action
policy, its comparable worth plan, and its sexual harassment and violence policy and rules; and
(5) an evaluation of any proposed changes in league policy.
The commissioner may examine any league activities or league-related issues when the
commissioner believes this review is warranted.
Subd. 2. Recommend laws.
The commissioner may recommend to the legislature whether
any legislation is made necessary by league activities.
History: 1989 c 220 s 4; 1990 c 562 art 7 s 9; 1991 c 265 art 11 s 14; 1Sp1995 c 3 art 16 s
13; 1999 c 241 art 9 s 39; 2003 c 130 s 12