120B.233 CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT EDUCATION REVENUE; PILOT
Subdivision 1. Pilot program created.
A pilot program is created to allow school districts
to receive character development education revenue to purchase curriculum for the purposes of
. Character development education revenue for school districts equals $30 times
the district's adjusted marginal cost pupil units.
Subd. 2. Approved provider list.
The commissioner of education shall maintain a character
development education curriculum approved provider list. The character development education
curriculum of approved providers shall be research based with at least one completed relational
study covering a period of no fewer than five years and completed by an independent party.
Approved character development education curriculum must include:
(1) age appropriate character development for the classroom in all elementary and secondary
(2) curriculum for character development extracurricular activities;
(3) teacher training workshops and in-service training;
(4) plans for school assemblies promoting character development;
(5) midyear consulting between the school district and the provider; and
(6) an assessment program.
Subd. 3. Application and selection process.
A school district may submit to the
commissioner an application for funding in the form and manner specified by the commissioner.
The commissioner shall approve applications that propose to use an approved provider and that
agree to use the program as recommended by the provider. The commissioner must approve or
disapprove an application within 30 days of receipt on a first-come, first-served basis.
History: 2006 c 282 art 4 s 6