89.039 Forest management investment account.
Subdivision 1. Account established; sources. The forest management investment account is created in the natural resources fund in the state treasury and money in the account may be spent only for the purposes provided in subdivision 2. The following revenue shall be deposited in the forest management investment account:
(1) timber sales receipts transferred from the consolidated conservation areas account as provided in section 84A.51, subdivision 2;
(2) timber sales receipts from forest lands as provided in section 89.035;
(3) money transferred from the forest suspense account according to section 16A.125, subdivision 5; and
(4) interest accruing from investment of the account.
Subd. 2. Purposes of account. Subject to appropriation by the legislature, money in the forest management investment account may be spent by the Department of Natural Resources in accordance with the forest resource management policy and plan for any of the following purposes:
(1) reforestation and timber stand improvement, including forest pest management;
(2) timber sales administration, contract marking of commercial thinning sales, cultural resource reviews, and other timber sales costs; and
(3) state forest road maintenance costs that exceed appropriations under section 89.70.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes