239.7911 Petroleum replacement promotion.
Subdivision 1. Petroleum replacement goal. The petroleum replacement goal of the state of Minnesota is that at least 20 percent of the liquid fuel sold in the state is derived from renewable sources by December 31, 2015.
Subd. 2. Promotion of renewable liquid fuels. (a) The commissioner of agriculture, in consultation with the commissioners of commerce and the Pollution Control Agency, shall identify and implement activities necessary for the widespread use of renewable liquid fuels in the state. Beginning November 1, 2005, and continuing through 2015, the commissioners, or their designees, shall work with representatives from the renewable fuels industry, petroleum retailers, refiners, automakers, small engine manufacturers, and other interested groups, to develop annual recommendations for administrative and legislative action.
(b) The activities of the commissioners under this subdivision shall include, but not be limited to:
(1) developing recommendations for incentives for retailers to install equipment necessary for dispensing renewable liquid fuels to the public;
(2) obtaining federal approval for the use of E20 as gasoline;
(3) developing recommendations for ensuring that motor vehicles and small engine equipment have access to an adequate supply of fuel;
(4) working with the owners and operators of large corporate automotive fleets in the state to increase their use of renewable fuels; and
(5) working to maintain an affordable retail price for liquid fuels.
HIST: 2005 c 52 s 3
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes