148.908 Licensed psychological practitioner.
Subdivision 1. Scope of practice. A licensed psychological practitioner shall practice only under supervision that satisfies the requirements of section 148.925 and while employed by either a licensed psychologist or a health care or social service agency which employs or contracts with a supervising licensed psychologist who shares clinical responsibility for the care provided by the licensed psychological practitioner.
Subd. 2. Requirements for licensure as a licensed psychological practitioner. To become licensed by the board as a licensed psychological practitioner, an applicant shall comply with the following requirements:
(1) have earned a doctoral or master's degree or the equivalent of a master's degree in a doctoral program with a major in psychology from a regionally accredited educational institution meeting the standards the board has established by rule. The degree requirements must be completed by December 31, 2005;
(2) complete an application for admission to the examination for professional practice in psychology and pay the nonrefundable application fee by December 31, 2005;
(3) complete an application for admission to the professional responsibility examination and pay the nonrefundable application fee by December 31, 2005;
(4) pass the examination for professional practice in psychology by December 31, 2006;
(5) pass the professional responsibility examination by December 31, 2006;
(6) complete an application for licensure as a licensed psychological practitioner and pay the nonrefundable application fee by March 1, 2007; and
(7) have attained the age of majority, be of good moral character, and have no unresolved disciplinary action or complaints pending in the state of Minnesota or any other jurisdiction.
Subd. 3. Termination of licensure. Effective December 31, 2011, the licensure of all licensed psychological practitioners shall be terminated without further notice and licensure as a licensed psychological practitioner in Minnesota shall be eliminated.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes