13.15 Computer data.
Subdivision 1. Definitions. As used in this section, the following terms have the meanings given.
(a) Electronic access data. "Electronic access data" means data created, collected, or maintained about a person's access to a government entity's computer for the purpose of:
(1) gaining access to data or information;
(2) transferring data or information; or
(3) using government services.
(b) Cookie. "Cookie" means any data that a government-operated computer electronically places on the computer of a person who has gained access to a government computer.
Subd. 2. Classification of data. Electronic access data are private data on individuals or nonpublic data.
(b) Notwithstanding a person's refusal to accept a cookie on the person's computer, a government entity must allow the person to gain access to data or information, transfer data or information, or use government services by the government entity's computer.
Subd. 4. Use of electronic access data. Electronic access data may be disseminated:
(1) to the commissioner for the purpose of evaluating electronic government services;
(2) to another government entity to prevent unlawful intrusions into government electronic systems; or
(3) as otherwise provided by law.
HIST: 1Sp2003 c 8 art 2 s 4
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes