(a) It is the purpose of the legislature in enacting sections 103F.701 to 103F.761 to protect and improve surface and ground water in the state, through financial and technical assistance to local units of government to control water pollution associated with land use and land management activities.
(b) It is also the purpose of the legislature to:
(1) identify water quality problems and their causes;
(2) direct technical and financial resources to resolve water quality problems and to abate their causes;
(3) provide technical and financial resources to local units of government for implementation of water quality protection and improvement projects;
(4) coordinate a nonpoint source pollution control program with elements of the existing state water quality program and other existing resource management programs; and
(5) provide a legal basis for state implementation of federal laws controlling nonpoint source water pollution.
HIST: 1990 c 391 art 6 s 81
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes