609.669 Civil disorder.
Subdivision 1. Prohibited acts. (a) A person is guilty of a gross misdemeanor who:
(1) teaches or demonstrates to any other person how to use or make any firearm, or explosive or incendiary device capable of causing injury or death, knowing or having reason to know that it will be unlawfully employed for use in, or in furtherance of, a civil disorder; or
(2) assembles with one or more persons for the purpose of training with, practicing with, or being instructed in the use of any firearm, or explosive or incendiary device capable of causing injury or death, with the intent that it be unlawfully employed for use in, or in furtherance of, a civil disorder.
(b) This section does not apply to law enforcement officers engaged in the lawful performance of the officer's official duties.
Subd. 2. Definitions. For purposes of this section, the following terms have the meanings given them:
(1) "civil disorder" means any public disturbance involving acts of violence by assemblages of three or more persons, which causes an immediate danger of or results in damage or injury to the property or person of any other individual;
(2) "firearm" means any weapon which is designed to or may readily be converted to expel any projectile by the action of an explosive; or the frame or receiver of any such weapon;
(3) "explosive or incendiary device" has the meaning given in section 609.668, subdivision 1; and
(4) "law enforcement officer" means any officer or employee of the United States, the state, or any political subdivision of the state, and specifically includes members of the National Guard and members of the armed forces of the United States.
HIST: 1995 c 244 s 23