116O.10 Research Advisory Board.
Subdivision 1. Establishment. The board shall establish a Research Advisory Board to provide advisory assistance to the board and the research institutes. The Research Advisory Board consists of seven members appointed by the board. Terms and removal of members must be set by the board and Research Advisory Board members shall serve without compensation but shall receive their necessary and actual expenses while engaged in the business of the corporation. The membership of the advisory board must have representatives that are experienced or have expertise in technology, applied research, agriculture, business, labor, or productivity.
Subd. 2. Duties. The Research Advisory Board has the following duties and responsibilities:
(1) identify specific areas where research and development will contribute to the productivity of the state's businesses and farms.
(2) determine specific areas where financial assistance for research and development could assist the development of businesses and create new employment opportunities.
(3) advise the board in the development and establishment of the regional research institutes and the research grants to public and private postsecondary education institutions.
(4) advise public and private postsecondary education institutions on the research and development needs of businesses in Minnesota.
(5) review the applications and make recommendations to the board for research grants to public and private postsecondary education institutions.
(6) develop guidelines for an effective peer review process for evaluating scientifically or technologically related financial assistance.
HIST: 1987 c 386 art 2 s 10