256J.545 Family violence waiver criteria.
(a) In order to qualify for a family violence waiver, an individual must provide documentation of past or current family violence which may prevent the individual from participating in certain employment activities. A claim of family violence must be documented by the applicant or participant providing a sworn statement which is supported by collateral documentation.
(b) Collateral documentation may consist of:
(1) police, government agency, or court records;
(2) a statement from a battered women's shelter staff with knowledge of the circumstances or credible evidence that supports the sworn statement;
(3) a statement from a sexual assault or domestic violence advocate with knowledge of the circumstances or credible evidence that supports the sworn statement;
(4) a statement from professionals from whom the applicant or recipient has sought assistance for the abuse; or
(5) a sworn statement from any other individual with knowledge of circumstances or credible evidence that supports the sworn statement.
HIST: 1Sp2003 c 14 art 1 s 87