Subdivision 1. Generally. In sections 469.090 to 469.108, the terms defined in this section have the meanings given them herein, unless the context indicates a different meaning.
Subd. 2. Authority. "Authority" means an economic development authority.
Subd. 3. City. "City" means a home rule charter or statutory city.
Subd. 4. Development. "Development" includes redevelopment, and "developing" includes redeveloping.
Subd. 5. Cost of redevelopment. "Cost of redevelopment" means, with respect to an economic development district project, the cost of:
(1) acquiring property, whether by purchase, lease, condemnation, or otherwise;
(2) demolishing or removing structures or other improvements on acquired properties;
(3) correcting soil deficiencies necessary to develop or use the property for an appropriate use as determined by the authority;
(4) constructing or installing public improvements, including streets, roads, and utilities;
(5) providing relocation benefits to the occupants of acquired properties;
(6) planning, engineering, legal, and other services necessary to carry out the functions listed in clauses (1) to (5); and
(7) the allocated administrative expenses of the authority for the project.
HIST: 1987 c 291 s 91
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes